Vintage Gruen
The forum for Gruen watch enthusiasts

Home » General Talk, Buying and Selling » For Sale/Wanted » Case for Airflight?
Re: Case for Airflight? [message #1365 is a reply to message #1318] Mon, 02 September 2013 11:45 Go to previous message
Habitant is currently offline  Habitant
Messages: 17
Registered: June 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Gruen Apprentice
Hi there

I'm pretty sure that your case can be repaired, and notice that others have suggested talking to a jeweller about this.

I personally would suggest that you consider a specialist in case repair, and even though I notice you're based in the USA, I would recommend that you contact Peter at RePlateIt in Canada. Sound crazy? Well maybe. But I send him my cases from the UK, where I'm based, because he's actually good at what he does. Plus, I don't think he's expensive. I simply mail the work to him by Airmail, insured, signed for (not expensive), marking the package as 'watch parts for repair and return' and he pays no import duties or taxes. He repeats the process when done, and ditto, no extra charges - and believe me, I've done this a far few times. Not bending or breaking the law, by the way, he's supplying a service only.

In fact, he re-plated my own Airway case!

Hope this helps,
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Gruen 826
Next Topic: Gruen Caliber 99
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Nov 20 00:58:31 UTC 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04904 seconds